In case you missed it see what’s in this section
TGT Meets... Guy McAvoy - Seven Bro7hers Brewery
We caught up with Guy McAvoy in the second of our Meet the Brothers interview series with the incredible family brewery, Seven Bro7hers. We got to talk all things craft beer and Manchester.
1. Where is home and why?
Salford. Born and raised. All my family live there and it has everything I need.
2. Describe Seven Bro7hers in one sentence.
Three words. Passionate. Dedicated. Loyal.
3. What’s been your biggest achievement to date?
Five kids! End of.
4. What is the most enjoyable part of your job?
Besides waking up every day knowing I'm going to work in place that makes me happy .... I'd say seeing the brewery in full swing and seeing all the hard work by so many passionate people all come together to produce something that we are all immensely proud of.
5. And what about the most challenging?
You have to be on your 'A' game everyday .... not that I'm not but it does keep you focused.
6. What are your goals for Seven Bro7hers?
To continue doing what we're doing. Growing, getting the word out that craft beer is amazing ... especially ours.
7. Why do you think the craft beer scene is thriving so much in Manchester?
Manchester has grown so much over the past few years. It's a great mix of youth and experience all coming together at the right time.
8. Do you have a favourite beer that Seven Bro7hers have produced?
Yes ... I like the Red IPA. It combines the citrus fruit and pine aromas of an IPA with roasted and caramel malt flavours. Delicious.
9. If you could do it all again, would you do anything differently?
No. Nothing. It has been an amazing journey. We've met so many fascinating people. Long may it continue.
10. How do you like to spend your time off?
Drinking beer, thinking about new beer recipes or new kit to make the beer even better.
11. You have a meeting booked that suddenly gets cancelled, giving you a few hours to yourself in Manchester – what do you do?
No contest. Straight into the Seven Bro7hers Beerhouse to sample a few ales. Not sure I'd be good for a meeting afterwards mind!
12. Where’s your favourite place to eat out in Manchester?
Rudy's. Just across the road from the Ancoats Bar,
13. Who’s your favourite famous Mancunian?
Gotta be Shaun Ryder
14. Describe Manchester in three words:
Vibrant. Chilled. Home.
If you haven't tried the Seven Bro7hers beer yet then it is a must, there really is something for everyone with their range of craft beers. Not only is it some of the best beer you will ever have, it's local and something Manchester can be really proud of. The Seven Bro7hers Beerhouse in Ancoats is perfect for any occasion, perfect craft beer and amazing pub grub, so head on down!
Weather in Manchester